Let's make an easy woodworking project, with a tropical vibe! It's a school of fish. The shapes are basic and easy to cut out. the project is inexpensive!
You will need:
- 3/4" plywood: find it at your home improvement store
- Saw: http://amzn.to/2laT41s
- Acrylic paint: pick fun colors for your decor
- Drill with a 3/16" bit
- 3/16" dowel rods: http://amzn.to/2lGILUO
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Draw a fish on a piece of paper or card stock and cut it out.
2. Trace six fish onto the plywood and cut them out.
3. Drill holes into the bottom of the fish - the same size as your dowel rods. Mine were 3/16".
4. Cut out a freeform base, from the leftover plywood.
5. Drill holes in the base, the same size as the dowel rods.
6. Cut dowel rods to varying lengths.
7. Paint them any colors you want. I mixed a gray and oyster white for the top of the base. I used a turquoise as a trim. I painted the fish white, blue and turquoise, but be sure to customize them to your decor and style! I used gray for the dowel rods and and a black dot for the eyes.
8. Give everything a light sand for a distressed look.
9. Put the fish on the sticks and the sticks in the base.
Now you have a cute fish sculpture!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!® Stay safe!